Saturday, August 20, 2011

Organix Shampoo Addiction

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE THIS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! If you have not tried these shampoo and conditioners please dooo! You will not regret it. You can find them in Target or Ulta. The bigger bottles run for around 8 dollars (these are hard to find!) but their also sold in smaller bottles for less and are great trial sizes! A couple days ago I purchased a big bottle of Organix renewing moroccan argan oil shampoo and a big bottle of the nourishing coconut milk conditioner. If your wondering why I didn't buy the pair of either of the lines, its for two reasons. First i loved the smell of the coconut milk one so I knew I definitely had to get that one and then from my knowledge of hair products I knew anything with moroccan argan oil will make your hair silky and shiny! The smell of the moroccan oil is very strong and smells what I think is "gypsy-esc". During a talk with my hairdresser moroccan oil was brought up and she explained that the only problem she has with it is that she feels like smell belongs on someone who has long dark black exotic hair and wheres a lot of black eyeliner. If this is for you then great! If not, thats alright, lucky for you the mixing of the coconut milk conditioner makes a delicious after smell!


Another reason why I was interested in buying from Organix was because of the organic appeal to the products. Their sulfate free and paraben free! For those of you who don't know what either of those are, sulfate is the salt from sulfuric acid. My question after researching that is why would you ever want to put that in your hair in the first place!! Parabens are a bunch of chemicals that are used as preservations in cosmetic products. I say the less chemicals you use in anything is for the better, go natural! (How ironic for a beauty blog right). Their safe for color treated hair... although I don't have to worry about that because I've never colored my hair! The back of the bottle explains that their eco-friendly and made from recycled resin... what ever that is! :)

After washing and conditioning my hair I noticed that it was hard to comb through, brush through and kind of hard to do anything with. Because of this I was nervous to leave it to dry naturally for the fact of looking crazy! I blew dried my hair and felt it was already so thicker! It was shiny and smelled great so I was pretty happy but still confused of the weird nature of it because so unmanageable. I talked to a few people and they said that this is how your hair reacts to drastically different shampoo the first time you use it. (I had just switched from Umberto from Beverly Hills which is also a shampoo I highly recommend!!) The second time I washed my hair with the Organix I was pleasantly surprised that there was no tangly thick mess like the first day! It was shiny, healthy, soft, and super clean! Seriously guys what more could you ask for! Go grab yourself a bottle... or three!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment